Shipping and Returns
- Allow 2-3 business days for order processing and shipping confirmation. Please note, this processing time is not included in delivery times.
- Our shipping department is closed Saturday to Monday, and Holidays. Online orders placed after 2PM on Fridays will be shipped out the following Tuesday.
- International Shipping rates do not include brokerage fees, taxes, tariffs or duties. The Shoe Room does not pay these fees for the customer. Please check with your local government agency to determine the applicable tariffs.
- Posted rates are subject to change without notice.
- The Shoe Room is not responsible for lost, misplaced or stolen orders.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping rates vary depending on distance and timing. The cost will be higher if you want something shipped quickly (within 3 business days), if you live outside of a major city, or are far from our location in Toronto.
Does The Shoe Room ship internationally?
Yes! We ship to dancers around the world. International orders may be subject to brokerage fees, taxes, tariffs or duties. The Shoe Room does not pay these fees for the customer. Please check with your local government agency to determine the applicable tariffs.
Why does it cost the same to ship a small item as a big item?
Canada Post rates are based more on distance and speed than weight. For example, shipping a gift card will cost the same as a pair of pointe shoes.
What’s the difference between Express shipping and Expedited shipping methods?
Express is faster. Generally it will arrive in Canada within 3 business days. Expedited can take up to 7 days depending on your distance from our Toronto boutique.
How long will it take to receive my order?
While we try to get orders out the next day, please allow 2-3 business days for an order to be processed. Delivery times will then depend on your shipping selection (Express or Expedited). Orders shipping within Canada generally arrive within 3 (Express) to 7 (expedited) business days.
Please Note: Our shipping department is closed Saturday to Monday.
I need something tomorrow! What can I do?
We do use Fed Ex services for next day delivery. Please call the shipping department at 416-964-5102 and arrangements can be made. Shipping rates vary greatly but can be provided upon request.
Can I phone my order in and have it shipped out?
Absolutely! If you’ve never ordered from us before we will start a file and keep track of your information, including previous orders. The shipping department number is 416-964-5102.
If I chose In Store Pick Up, when can I pick up my order? How long will you hold it?
Typically, store pickup orders are ready within 24 hours or the next business day. You will be sent an email letting you know when your order is ready for pickup.
Where is my order?
When a shipment goes out, a confirmation email containing your tracking number is provided. If you have further questions please contact our Shipping Department at 416-964-5102.
Do you keep a record of previous purchases?
Yes! If you have ordered online or created a file while visiting our boutique, we have that information.
Can I exchange or return items if they don’t fit? How do I do that?
Yes! You can return an item up to 90 days after the date it was purchased. In each shipment you will receive a return information form. As long as you haven’t altered the item (i.e. sewn ribbon and/or elastics to pointe shoes, removed tags from dancewear, etc.), or the item you wish to return is not a final sale (i.e. clearance item), you can return it for a refund or exchange. Shipments from outside Canada via UPS, FedEx or any other mail service or courier company may result in customs charges that will be deducted from your refund.
All returns must be made through the Post Office only and need to be addressed to:
The Shoe Room
400 Jarvis Street
Toronto ON M4Y 2G6
- Dancewear, accessories and dance shoes can be returned up to 30 days after date of purchase
- Pointe shoes can be returned up to 90 days after date of purchase
- Sale Items, Clearance Items, water bottles and dance belts cannot be returned or exchanged
- Tights and body liners must be returned unopened
- Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded
- Pointe shoes must be in "as new" condition – no ribbons sewn on and no evidence of wear
- Other merchandise must have the original tags attached and no evidence of wear (i.e. removed tags, names printed on item, rips, etc.)
- Shipment from outside Canada via UPS, FedEx or any other mail service or courier company may result in customs charges that will be deducted from your refund.
Can't find what you're looking for? Let us order it! We are able to place special orders for most products from our brand partners for customers at the boutique or over the phone. Special orders will need to be paid for when the order is placed and are final sale.