Shipping and Returns
Allow 2 business days for order processing and shipping confirmation - this processing time is not included in delivery times
- Shipping department is closed on Sundays and Mondays, and Holidays
- The Shoe Room only uses shipping methods that allow for package tracking - this means we do not ship by regular or air mail service
International Shipping rates do not include brokerage fees, taxes, tariffs or duties. The Shoe Room does not pay these fees for the customer. Please check with your local government agency to determine the applicable tariffs.
Posted rates are subject to change without notice.
- The Shoe Room is not responsible for lost, misplaced or stolen orders.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping rates depend on distance and timing. The cost will be higher if you want something shipped quickly (within 3 business days), if you live outside of a major city, or are far from our location in Toronto.
Does The Shoe Room ship internationally?
Yes! We ship to dancers around the world. International orders may be subject to brokerage fees, taxes, tariffs or duties. The Shoe Room does not pay these fees for the customer. Please check with your local government agency to determine the applicable tariffs.
Why does it cost the same to ship a small item as a big item?
Canada Post rates are based more on distance and speed than weight. For example, shipping a gift card will cost the same as a pair of pointe shoes.
What’s the difference between Express shipping and Expedited shipping methods?
Express is faster. Generally it will arrive in Canada within 3 business days. Expedited can take up to 7 days – depending on the distance from Toronto.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Usually an item leaves the store within 72 hours of order completion. Then, it will depend on your shipping selection (Express or Expedited). Within Canada items generally arrive within 3 (Express) to 7 (expedited) business days.
Please Note: Shipping department is closed on Sundays and Mondays
I need something tomorrow! What can I do?
We do use Fed Ex services if required. Just call the shipping department at 416-964-5102 and arrangements can be made. Shipping rates vary greatly but will be provided upon request.
Can I phone my order in and have it shipped out?
Absolutely! If you’ve never ordered from us before we will start a file and keep track of your information, including previous orders. The shipping department number is 416-964-5102.
If I chose In Store Pick Up, when can I pick up my order? How long will you hold it?
Generally, within 24 hours, your item will be ready. You will be sent an email confirmation. We will hold it as long as needed.
Where is my order?
When a shipment goes out, a confirmation email, with tracking number, are provided. If you have further questions please contact our Shipping Department (416-964-5102)
Do you keep a record of previous purchases?
Yes! If you have ordered on line or created a file while in the store, we have that information.
Can I exchange or return items if they don’t fit – and how do I do that?
Yes ! You can return an item up to 90 days after the date it was purchased. In each shipment you will receive a return information form. As long as you haven’t altered the item (i.e. sewn ribbon and/or elastics to pointe shoes, removed tags from dancewear, etc.), or the item you wish to return is not a final sale (i.e. clearance item), you can return it for a refund or exchange. Shipments from outside Canada via UPS, FedEx or any other mail service or courier company may result in customs charges that will be deducted from your refund.
All returns must be made through the Post Office only and need to be addressed to:
The Shoe Room
400 Jarvis Street
Toronto ON M4Y 2G6
- You can return an item up to 90 days after the date it was purchased
- Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded
- Pointe shoes must be in "as new" condition – no ribbons sewn on and no evidence of wear
- Women's and girls tights must be unopened
- Other merchandise must have the original tags attached and no evidence of wear (i.e. removed tags, names printed on item, rips, etc.)
- Sale Items, Clearance Items and water bottles cannot be returned or exchanged
- Shipment from outside Canada via UPS, FedEx or any other mail service or courier company may result in customs charges that will be deducted from your refund.